WEST MICHIGAN SPRING ACTIVITIES
Check out a new park or trail in your area
It is okay if you do not get very far if you have little children.
Find a spot to play and explore.
My Top 5 Trails in West Michigan for Families:
1. Saugatuck State Dunes
2. Upper Macatawa Nature Preserve
3. Riley Trails
4. Empire Bluff Trail
5. Ludington State Park
As the weather is warming up its a great time to check out your favorite or new playground.
My Top 5 Playgrounds in West Michigan:
1. Holland State Park
2. YMCA in Grand Haven
3. Huizinga Park in Zeeland
4. Waterfront Park in Ludington
5. Drenthe Grove Park in Zeeland
Pack a Picnic, Go on walk, and stop and have lunch/dinner. It is so simple but yet our kids think its a treat!
Top 5 Picnic Spots:
1. Ludington State Park along the River
2. Van Raalte Farm Park - boardwalk leads to a river with a nice spot!
3. Holland State Park - lots of picnic tables along the channel
4. Pilgrim Haven - grassy area over looking Lake Michigan
5. Saugatuck State Park - pinic table availble or a lot of great logs on the north trail!
Get the kids back on their bikes and let them get some excersize and energy out
My Favorite places to bike with littles:
1. Upper Mac - Trail South of the parking lot. Very flat and perfect for my 3 year old
OUTDOOR DISCOVERY CENTER
This nature preserve has so many things for families of any age.
4214 56th St, Holland, MI 49423
Lots of Trails that are stroller friendly
Birds of Prey
Injured Birds who can no longer survive in the wild
Eagles, Owls, Hawks and More
Catch and Release Fishing
Located in the back of the visitor center
Birds are starting to migrate back north. Make them a treat as a "Welcome Home"
Pinecones (Find on your next walk)
Tie a string at the top of the pinecone
Spread the pinecone with peanut butter
Roll in Birdseed
Hang in the tree
Watch the birds come in